Invest in Long-Term Safety and Stability
Your support not only makes it possible to help women, men and children escape the traumatic experiences of homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault. It does so much more: it lets us invest in the long-term safety and stability of those we serve with therapies, resources and skills that transform lives. It takes women, men and children beyond shelter and into brighter futures with counseling, financial education, legal advocacy, employment assistance, children’s mental healthcare and more.
In partnership with our community, we create pathways out of homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault leading to safe, stable and empowered lives. Because we recognize that no two survivors’ situations are the same, we offer a suite of services to address our clients’ multiple needs, providing:
- Fast and safe response
- Safe havens
- Supportive services
- Partnership and advocacy
Our record of success demonstrates that your support is life-changing:
- 90% of clients experiencing intimate partner violence enhanced their safety by developing a safety plan, obtaining a legal protective order, and/or receiving accompaniment for emergency medical treatment post sexual assault
- 87% of households experiencing homelessness exited to safe housing
- 95% of children with social-emotional issues received services and treatment to address their needs
- 80% of adults improved or maintained employment or earning capacity, and nearly 70% built savings
A Sound Investment
By donating to Doorways, you’re investing in the long-term safety and stability of the women, men and children we serve:
- For every $1.00 we receive, $.77 goes directly to support the women, children and families we serve
- Doorways received the 2009 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management for financial health, as well as organizational efficiency and capacity
- We were selected four years in a row as one of the Catalogue for Philanthropy’s charities
- For eight years in a row, we’ve received high ratings from Charity Navigator
Together, these practices have created a winning formula for innovative client service delivery that leads most families served by Doorways from crisis to stability.
Doorways recognizes that users may have concerns about privacy issues regarding information shared online and offline. We are committed to providing online users and donors with a safe, secure environment in which to share information. Learn more.
If you have questions about your donation, please call Doorways’ Development Team at (703) 504-9400.