About the Issues
- More than 1 in 3 women will be in an abusive relationship in their lifetimes, 1 in 3 men will be in an abusive relationship in their lifetime, and 1 in 2 trans or nonbinary people will be in an abusive relationship in their lifetime.
- Intimate partner violence is a leading cause of homelessness, especially among women and families.
- Adults and children in families make up about 30 percent of the homeless population.
- Learn more about the issues.
On topics related to healthy relationships:
- Home by Tonya Lippert PhD
- Mango’s Quest by Ralph da Costa Nunez with Robyn Schwartz
- Cooper’s Tale by Ralph da Costa Nunez with Willow Schrager
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña
- A Place to Stay: A Shelter Story by Erin Gunti
- A Shelter in Our Car by Monica Gunning
- Fly Away Home by Eve Bunting
On being a good neighbor:
- Kindness Makes Us Strong by Sophie Beer
- Ordinary Mary’s Extraordinary Deed by Emily Pearson
- Stone Soup, a folk tale retold by many authors
- The Three Questions by Jon J. Muth
- Many Shapes of Clay: A Story of Healing Hardcover by Kenesha Sneed
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids and Bucket Filling from A to Z: The Key to Being Happy by Carol McCloud
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
On race, gender, and equity:
- Our Skin: A First Conversation About Race by Megan Madison and Jessica Ralli
- Being You: A First Conversation About Gender by Megan Madison and Jessica Ralli
- Bodies Are Cool by Tyler Feder
- See list of books related to healthy relationships and violence prevention
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
- Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
- Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive by Stephanie Land