You can provide a pathway to a safe, stable and empowered life. Your support will provide much more than shelter to families and individuals like Sidney. Your donation empowers women, men and children on their pathways out of homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault. Your gift offers them a real pathway forward beyond crises and into the brightest possible future. Thank you creating a lasting impact in their lives.
Donate via Mail
To send a gift in the mail, please make check payable to Doorways for Women and Families and mail to:
Doorways for Women and Families
PO Box 100185
Arlington, VA 22210
A Fresh Start
Meet Sidney, an easygoing 19-year-old with a contagious, goofy grin and her own subtle brand of humor. She’s the kind of person who can light up a room just by being in it. She might seem quiet at first, but she’s quite the conversationalist once given the chance. Behind her smile, however, lies resilience tested by far too many tragedies. Read Sidney’s story.
What can your donation do?
- $250 can provide 2 art- or play-based therapy sessions to a child healing from trauma
- $100 can provide 2 hours of therapy for a young survivor of domestic violence or homelessness, or 3 individualized, one-on-one financial counseling sessions for a survivor or a family
- $50 can provide an initial meeting with a financial counselor, including a financial risk assessment
- $25 can provide a week of formula for a baby living in shelter
Want to do more? By making your donation a recurring monthly gift, you can provide support and empowerment to your neighbors at Doorways every month of the year!
Your support helps our clients accomplish the following:
- 87% of clients experiencing intimate partner violence enhanced their safety*
- 85% of clients experiencing homelessness exited to safe housing
- 95% of children with social-emotional issues received services and treatment to address their needs
- 82% of adults improved or maintained employment or earning capacity
*via protective orders, safety planning and SARA
Thank you for providing transformational support to empower women, men and children on their journeys to safe, stable lives!
State Nonprofit Disclosures
Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. See individual state disclosures are here.