You can provide a pathways to safe, stable and empowered lives. Start your own fundraiser now to provide safe shelter and wraparound support services to families and individuals escaping abuse and homelessness.
The donations you earn will empower adults, youth, and children on their journeys from crisis to stability. Thank you for being an advocate and rallying your friends to create a lasting impact!
Start a Fundraiser
With Facebook, you can easily create a fundraiser for Doorways to collect critical donations that keep our shelters, programs and services operating 24/7/365. “Donate” your birthday and ask for donations to Doorways as gifts, celebrate the holidays with donations to favorite charities instead of exchanging items, challenge friends and family to match your donation, and more!
How to use a donation sticker to support Doorways on Instagram:
- From your story, tap to add stickers.
- From there, you can add a donation sticker to allow people to donate to Doorways.
- You can pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- After you select the donation sticker, select Doorways (@doorways_va) and customize the name of your fundraiser.
- When people see your donation sticker in your story, they can tap Donate to donate to Doorways.
- Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username
Sample Social Media Posts
Once you’ve created your Facebook Fundraising page, use the tools below to spread the word and get donations toward your goal! Copy and paste the text below and share it with the link to your fundraiser.
As sexual violence has dominated the headlines, more and more survivors have been empowered to seek help. Join me in answering their call for support by donating to my fundraiser for Doorways, a local nonprofit serving survivors right here in our community.
There’s no place like home for the holidays! But what about our neighbors who don’t have a home? Donate now to my fundraiser for Doorways to support youth and families without a safe place of their own this season. Together, we can make their new year brighter!
Everyone deserves healthy relationships and a safe place to call home. This #GivingTuesday, I’m supporting Doorways to help women, men, youth and children escaping abuse and experiencing homelessness. Help me reach my goal to make the New Year bright for our neighbors in need!
Join me and #SupportSurvivors by donating to @DoorwaysVA! Give now to help me reach my goal.
What’s next after the #MeToo movement? Supportive programs and services for survivors, prevention, outreach and education. Donate now to make it happen!
Did you know that @DoorwaysVA provides the only domestic and sexual violence services in Arlington, including a safehouse, 24-hour hotline and counseling? #SupportSurvivors by supporting their go-to.
There’s no place like home for the holidays! But what about our neighbors who don’t have a home? Donate now to give the gifts of shelter, housing and supportive housing.