You can provide a pathways to safe, stable and empowered lives. Start your own fundraiser now to provide safe shelter and wraparound support services to families and individuals escaping abuse and homelessness.
The donations you earn will empower adults, youth, and children on their journeys from crisis to stability. Thank you for being an advocate and rallying your friends to create a lasting impact!
Start an Online Fundraiser
With Facebook, you can easily create a fundraiser for Doorways to collect critical donations that keep our shelters, programs and services operating 24/7/365. “Donate” your birthday and ask for donations to Doorways as gifts, celebrate the holidays with donations to favorite charities instead of exchanging items, challenge friends and family to match your donation, and more!
How to use a donation sticker to support Doorways on Instagram:
- From your story, tap to add stickers.
- From there, you can add a donation sticker to allow people to donate to Doorways.
- You can pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- After you select the donation sticker, select Doorways (@doorways_va) and customize the name of your fundraiser.
- When people see your donation sticker in your story, they can tap Donate to donate to Doorways.
- Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username
Sample Social Media Posts
Once you’ve created your Facebook Fundraising page, use the tools below to spread the word and get donations toward your goal! Copy and paste the text below and share it with the link to your fundraiser.
For my birthday, I’m asking you to join me in supporting a cause that’s very important to me. I’m fundraising for Doorways to provide shelter and support services to youth and families experiencing homelessness and to survivors escaping abuse. Thank you in advance for your support. Your generosity changes lives.
The COVID-19 crisis has created a dire situation for our neighbors experiencing abusive relationships, living on the edge of homelessness, or already facing it. Survivors are stuck at home with their abusers. Parents have had to choose between their jobs and supporting their children’s online learning. Young adults who could couch surf pre-pandemic now face the added risk of contracting the coronavirus. But we can help. Join me in supporting Doorways, which provides shelter and support to survivors escaping abuse, and to youth and families experiencing homelessness. Give the gift of harbor, healing, and hope now.
Did you know that @DoorwaysVA provides the only domestic and sexual violence services in @ArlingtonVA, including a safehouse, 24-hour hotline, and counseling? #SupportSurvivors by supporting their go-to.
Give the gift of harbor, healing, and hope now. Join me in supporting @DoorwaysVA.
Start a Community Fundraiser
Looking to host a donation drive or fundraiser among your group or in your community? Please contact Jami Fancher at email@example.com.