11 years ago, Ana reached out to Doorways after almost a decade of abuse. With two daughters, 3 and 7, in need of her support, Ana knew she had to leave, as the risk for staying grew greater everyday.
When she finally called our 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline, every shelter bed in our Safehouse was full. Thankfully, we had space in our HomeStart Program. Click here to read more…
More Ways to Get Involved
The Difference Your Support Makes
Everyone deserves safe, affordable housing and a quality life. It’s what we believe. And why we work every day to transform the lives of women and families who are facing homelessness or suffering abuse. Together, we can prevent violence, end homelessness, and build brighter futures for thousands of Arlington families.
A Sound Investment:
- For every $1.00 we receive, $.83 goes directly to support the women, children and families we serve.
- Recipient of the 2009 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management for financial health, as well as organizational efficiency and capacity.
- Selected 4 years in a row as one of the Catalogue for Philanthropy’s charities.
- Recipient of the 4-Star Charity Navigator Rating 6 years in a row.
Together, these practices have created a winning formula for innovative client service delivery that leads most families served by Doorways from crisis to stability.
Where Does My Money Go?
How Can I Give?
To make a donation via mail, please make check payable to Doorways for Women and Families and mail to:
PO Box 100185
Arlington, VA 22210
To make a donation online using our safe and secure system, click here.
How Can an Individual or Business Help Year-Round?
- Individual Giving
- Corporate Giving
- In-kind Needs and Wish List
For questions about making a donation, please call the Doorways Development Team at 703-504-9400.
Additional giving options for individuals and businesses